Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tofu and Chicken Patties

So I mentioned my addiction to pinterest.com, an addiction i fully blame on my future sister in law.  I was digging through the site when i cam upon a very similar recipe. The how to is the same, just the ingredients changed a bit because of what i had available. But with skepticism in my heart and an empty stomach I made these. They seemed a lot more labor intensive than they were. I served them with spicy Korean Bulgolgi sauce to dip them in.  I also managed to make a double batch because i figured once they were steamed I could toss the extra rolls in the freezer and just pull out and pan fry for a later meal when I didn't feel like cooking. After eating these my skepticism took flight, they were so go i had one thought pop into my mind....."i could get my dad to eat these"....my father abhors all things tofu and regards it as a non food item, kind of like spam or lettuce. This theory has yet to be proven but the next time something in my house breaks and I have to call in the Daddy repair service I am sneaking these on the menu!



Tofu and Chicken Patties

Ingredients

Instructions

  • Chop chicken breast finely with knife. put in a mixing bowl. Smash tofu with side of your knife. Place in a cotton cloth and squeeze out as much water as possible, and add to the bowl with chicken. Add the the rest of mixing ingredients in the bowl and mix them very well with hand. Spray 2 pieces of foil with butter spray. Place half of chicken mixture on each foil making log shape, about 2" in diameter. Tightly cover the mixture with foil and pinch each ends to secure. Place the logs on the steamer in a shallow pan. Pour a little water and cover with a lid. Steam the logs over medium heat for about 10 minutes. (I used my rice cooker to steam them) Take the foil off and cut each log into 1/2" thick slices. It will yield about 13-16 slices on each log. Coat each slices with flour and then egg. Fry them in a little butter spray on nonstick pan on medium heat until golden brown. Yields 30 mini patties with 1 1/2" diameter makes 5 servings of 6 each. or you can bake them on a cookie sheet at 410 for 15 minutes. Both methods work but the dry fry method gets them crispy on the outside. 
I served these with a side of rice, Chayote Squash tossed with sesame oil and rice wine vinegar with sesame seeds.  Quick blanched asparagus tossed with Spicy Korean BBQ sauce and some kimchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment