Monday, April 28, 2014

Broiled Mushrooms

Fun-gus


I have never been a fan of mushrooms, as previously stated, but I have been slowly rectifying that issue. Lately I found a simple way to make mushrooms that I absolutely adore. For once its not in pickle form.

If you are low on time, energy, ambition or vegetables...this is the dish for you.



Marinated Mushrooms


Ingredients:

1 bottle Italian dressing (the cheapest you can find)
1 large package  Portobello or button mushrooms sliced thickly

Items needed:

Container
Tin foil
Pan spray
Cookie sheet

How to:

Wash the mushrooms and slice them. Put in a container and dump Italian dressing on them. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to over night. I often make these the night before or even two days before I am going to cook them. They do get a bit acidic in flavor the longer you leave them marinating so keep that in mind.

Place oven on 500 degree broil.

Put tin foil over your cookie sheet and spray it with pan spray. Place, do not dump, the mushrooms on the pan. SAVE THE REMAINING DRESSING. I usually chop up a new batch of mushrooms for a day or two later and use the same dressing. Its still good, it just had a mushroom taking a bath for a bit.





Place on the pan farthest from the broiler heat for about 10-15 minutes. Then flip each mushroom over and place closer to heat for another 5 minutes or until edges start to darken. May take a few more minutes depending on your oven.


I love these as an easy side dish or as an addition to a lettuce wrap, burger, salad....they can do no wrong. Since first making these I have eaten them at least twice a week.















No comments:

Post a Comment