Monday, June 10, 2013

Last Easter

Rainbow Eggs

Red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue, I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow.....

Hi, my name is Keldra and I am an addict. I am addicted to Pinterest. I have looked at pretty flowers, creative foods and for Easter (yes I realize it is June and I am just NOW posting this...what can I say. I was lazy). I decided to try a Pinterest find that I thought my 4 year old nephew would love. Rainbow deviled eggs. They were fun to make. They were gorgeous to look at. They were delicious to taste....but the boy still wouldn't eat them. Apparently he doesn't eat eggs.  Oh well. The rest of the family loved them. Can't please everyone, particularly picky toddlers.


Not only pretty but tasty.

Ingredients.
1 dozen eggs
2 tbs Mayo
1tbs horseradish
1 tbs sour cream
1 tsp Dijon mustard
food coloring set
paprika (optional)
Scallion (optional)

Procedure:

  • Carefully place eggs in water, bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and remove from water. Place into cold water to stop cooking process. Peal and cut in half. Remove the yolk and place in a blender with everything except scallion and paprika.  Blend until smooth and place blended mix in a zip lock bag. Set aside. 
  • Fill up 6 cups or bowls with 1 cup Luke warm water in each.
  • Place a few drops of each color into its own cup. Mix to make green, orange and purple.
  • Add 2-3 egg white halves to each cup. Then go watch TV for 20 minutes or so. 
  • Check the color. If its not dark enough add a bit more coloring and leave it in for another 5 minutes. 
  • When desired color is reached removed and rinse. Pat the halves dry with a towel (this is important or you get slimy eggs)
  • Cut the tip off a bottom corner of the zip lock bag and squeeze the mixture into each egg half. Top with a sprinkle of paprika and a bit of scallion.   Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment