Thursday, June 21, 2012

Buffalo Tofu Bites

Buffalo Tofu Bites:


I love, love, love...did i mention, love buffalo chicken. But the fried isn't healthy. So I removed the fried, but then the chicken wasn't crispy, and the sauce just slid off,  it just wasn't right. It needed crispy. So I figured I would try Tofu.

It wasn't half bad. I did have to add hot sauce to dip in, it wasn't hot enough for me. But I would make this again.

Ingredients:

  1. 14 oz block of tofu, pressed
  2. 1 cup Nancy's Hot chicken wing sauce (any wing sauce will do)
  3. 1/2 cup panco bread crumbs
  4. 1/4 cup cheezit cracker (i know, i know, but they were what i had on hand)
  5. 1/4 cup Frenches fried onions. 
  6. 1 tsp garlic powder
  7. 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
Process:

Press the tofu.  Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut tofu into cubes.  Marinade the tofu cubes in 1/2 cup of hot sauce for at least 1 hour (its better the longer you leave it).  In a blender combine panko, cheezit's, fried onion and garlic powder.  Roll each cube of tofu carefully into the blended mixture and place on a sprayed baking sheet. Cook for 25 minutes in the oven.  Remove and serve with the remaining hot sauce and blue cheese dressing on the side.

I have made this more than once now and I found that if you like it just a bit hotter you can add a tsp of sriracha to the marinade. I have also turned this into a wrap with cheese and lettuce and tomato. All were very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment