Wednesday, May 18, 2011

heaven and hell

Today was our annual may day celebration at school and in true mayday fashion the entire small town of Benton poured out onto the soccer field (the wet, squishy soccer field) to watch the elementary students dance to Beatles songs and see the May Queen receive her crown. Not that I was able to see any of it from the concession stand. I am the student council advisory and that means the concession stand was all mine. My feat hurt, my head hurts and I am dog tired. Normally this would mean that I am in no mood to cook. Today it made me hungry for red meat. London Broil and a beautiful vegetable strata. Unfortunately I was so hungry, I forgot to take a picture.  But the recipes are as follows.

Marinade for London broil:
1/4 cup Patron Cafe Tequila
2 tsb parsley
1tbs cilantro
1 tsp red pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1tbs worchestershire sauce
1tbs soy sauce
salt and black pepper to taste


Veggie Strata:
use a mandolin to slice all of the veggies
1/2 cup carrot
1/2 cup potato
1/2 cup leek
1/2 cup fennel bulb)
1/2 cup zuccini
1/2 cup Firm (semi ripe) roma tomato
1/4 c shredded parmesan
Hawaiian volcanic salt
1 tsp garlic powder

In a large deep 9" baking dish layer veggies. In between each layer sprinkle small amounts of cheese, and garlic powder. Sprinkle salt on top to taste. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment