Tuesday, July 12, 2011

its hot and I am broke


it seems the hotter the summer gets the more money I spend that I hadn't planned on spending. Money for a new wall, gutters, tree removal.....yay. So that means going out for ice cream is out. But i have fruit and I have ice!


Fruited Water Ice

1 apple – Cored
1 Pear – Cored
1 banana – peeled
1 kiwi- peeled
½ cup pineapple-fresh
½ cup cantaloupe – fresh
2 sweet’n’low packets
3 cups of ice
blender

This works with any fruit combo. I make it a lot as a snack or when I have leftover fresh fruit salad. Put it all in the blender (I don’t even peel the apples or pears) Pulse until it’s the consistency of water ice.  Add more ice if needed. This makes quite a bit, so if it isn’t all going to be eaten. Pour the remaining blended mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze. When you want more pop the “ice cubes” into the blender again and eat.


Ice Cream…without all that nasty stuff
2 cups frozen fruit of choice (I like mixed berries)
Make sure its frozen without added sugar
½ to ¾ cup of soy or almond milk, unsweetened.
Blender

Add all ingredients to blender and pulse until smooth. Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment